Views
Helpful
Replies

mac address filter

hyukin.kwon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all

I have a catalyst 3524(Version 12.0(5.3)WC(1)),I'd like to filter a specific mac address.

How can I do that ?

Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

Thanks for the answer.

but There's no space to an specific mac address.

Would tell us more detail syntax about mac filtering?

Thanks in advace..

I'm not sure why the port security documentation doesn't mention this: try the 'mac-address-table secure' command per http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps637/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00800d85e5.html#xtocid42

Hi..

Sorry, That's not working ....

The mac address I specified is not blocking.

The syntax is " mac-address-table secure "mac_address"

Anyway, thanks...

The 'mac-address-table secure' command specifies a MAC address to be allowed, not denied. So if you enable port security on a port, configure the maxiumum number of addresses to be 1, and specify a MAC address with the above command, all other MAC addresses should be denied on that port.

Thank you ...

It's helpful...

So, you want to try something like:

Rack1SW1(config)#int fa 0/1

Rack1SW1(config-if)#switchport port-security

Rack1SW1(config-if)#switchport port-security maximum 1

Rack1SW1(config-if)#switchport port-security mac-address 1234.4444.4444

Rack1SW1(config-if)#switchport port-security violation ?

protect Security violation protect mode

restrict Security violation restrict mode

shutdown Security violation shutdown mode

The last command is your choice how you want it to react when it sees more than one address.

If you want it to learn the address automatically, you can do that. You'd want to make the address learnt as sticky, so it survices a reboot.

HTH!

Hi, mark

Thank you for the information.

The switch have another switches. That is, The switch have one switch and two hubs. I mean the switch have many mac address to forward.

There is one thing I have to do. I have to block invalid mac address. I can't define specific mac address because There are so many mac address.

How can I block specific mac address ?

Thanks in advance..