cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MRTG and stacked 2950 switches

jfarrer
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get MRTG to give me utilization stats on two 2950 switches in a stacked configuration. The only switch that has an IP address is the cluster master. When I run MRTG cfgmaker against the stack, I only get the interfaces on the cluster master, not on the cluster member. Does anyone know what I am missing?

Thanks

Jack

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don`t know the syntax of this perl tool. Perhaps you will try snmptool.exe, a little DOS cmd tool - I will add it as an attachment.

If you use it, as agent enter the IP of he master, as community, the FIRST read comm. configured on the master (i.e "public") and then @es<#ofmember> (public@es1) and then the OID you want to poll.

** Cisco Moderator Note: Please use the attachment feature to post diagrams (pictures), and text documents. .exe's can often be considered intellectual property and should not be posted to the forums. **

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Dont think that you can poll the device if there is no ip address configured on it?. You can also look at Cisco Cluster Management Suite (CMS), which is a web based network management software embedded in the 2950 IOS: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_data_sheet09186a00800913ce.html

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

have you tryed to poll the master swicht with community indexing? If I remember well, cluster members are accessed by the master through @es

I have tried that and it didn't work. I used the DOS command line 'perl cfgmaker 192.168.1.247@public@es1 > switch.cfg' and MRTG was not able to pull any information from the switch. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

I don`t know the syntax of this perl tool. Perhaps you will try snmptool.exe, a little DOS cmd tool - I will add it as an attachment.

If you use it, as agent enter the IP of he master, as community, the FIRST read comm. configured on the master (i.e "public") and then @es<#ofmember> (public@es1) and then the OID you want to poll.

** Cisco Moderator Note: Please use the attachment feature to post diagrams (pictures), and text documents. .exe's can often be considered intellectual property and should not be posted to the forums. **

That did the trick. Thanks for the help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card