route map destination permit 10

match ip address 190

set ip next-hop 10.1.1.1

6 Replies 6

t.baranski
Level 4
Level 4

I don't see why not.

I am trying but it is only working with source based route policy and not with destination

If you post the relevant configurations I'm sure myself or someone else can get to the bottom of this. I assume the policy is being applied to the inbound interface in both cases?

baldassarik
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately, you are attempting to implement a feature that is unnecessary. Policy routing should only be used to route using any means other than the destination IP address. Otherwise, a routing table will determine where to route the data.

Regards,

Kyle

You can also add a log statement to the acl and find out if the packets are hitting the acl to use the map.

If the traffic is comming from the inside make sure you put the policy map on that interface to bypass the routing and next hop the traffic or which ever interface the traffic hits 1st.

also under the policy map "name" you can add a permit 0 just prior to the map.

C

shannong
Level 4
Level 4

If you want all traffic destined to that network to use the next-hop of 10.1.1.1, then policy routing is not necessary.

If you only want packets destined for www to that network to use the next-hop of 10.1.1.1, then policy routing is necessary. Your configuration looks OK syntactically.

Did you apply the route-map to an interface?:

ip policy route-map XXXXX

If it's not working, check your ACL counters to see if packets are even hitting that ACL. If they're not, the traffic may not even be entering the interface that you have the route-map on.

If the packets are hitting the ACL, then maybe the are being routed the way you expect but the return traffic is not.

Also, the next-hop MUST be an address of a directly connected inteface. It cannot be a loopback or tunnel interface of the next router.

Check these things and get back to us.