cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing between IP VLAN interface

lizhing1972
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 6513 with more than 10 IP VLAN interface. We found out the routing between those Vlans doesnt work after we upgrade IOS to Version 12.2(17d)SXB11a. Anyone knows have same experience? Thanks.

8 Replies 8

CSCO10662744_2
Level 1
Level 1

When you do show ip route, do the VLAN interfaces still show up in the table?

How about "ip routing" and the vlan interfaces...are they still in the running-config?

smith.jonathan
Level 1
Level 1

I am running 2- 6513s with 10 IP VLAN interfaces using ver 12.2(18)SXD6 with no problems. I assume it was working prior to the upgrade?

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

How are you verifying the problem? how was the issue troubleshot? Are the interface vlan up/up (show ip int brief)? Are you able to ping any of the interface vlan from the host that is on that vlan, for example host in vlan 10, can that host ping interface vlan 10? Can you ping that host from the switch? Are the interfaces showing up as directly connected (show ip route)?

It was working before the upgrade. We were using SXD5. The subnet in the IP Vlan interface can talk to the subnet in the IP port interface. But it cant talk to the subnet at another IP Vlan interface. I guess this is a bug for the IOS. But I couldnt find it from Cisco. Thanks,

got it it was working before. can you verify the following anyway?

How are you verifying the problem? how was the issue troubleshot? Are the interface vlan up/up (show ip int brief)? Are you able to ping any of the interface vlan from the host that is on that vlan, for example host in vlan 10, can that host ping interface vlan 10? Can you ping that host from the switch? Are the interfaces showing up as directly connected (show ip route)?

The host at vlan 10 can ping interface vlan 10 which is in the 6513. But it cant ping the host in vlan 20. I can ping both hosts in vlan 10 and vlan 20 from the switch. Thanks.

thanks, have you doen an extended ping from the 6513? ping host in either vlan,and source the ip address from another vlan, for example ping host in vlan 20 and use source ip address of vlan 10. This would show us if the switch is actually not switching the packet. Make sure that nothing had changed from the hosts configurations or the switch configuration after the upgrade. For example, the host default gateway might be .3 when our interface vlan 10 might be .2 now. Things that are obvious might be overlooked.

Actually I just find out the VLan 10 in blade one can't ping Vlan 20 in blade two. But it can ping Vlan 30 in Blade one. Guess the problem happen only between two Gigabit module.