cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing to isdn

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi all, on my site we have a router with 4 remote sites attatched, it has dialler interfaces. would this work if all sites were on a different subnet as im sure I have seen setups this way ?

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Are you mentioning about the remote local lan networks configured in your remote sites ??

In that case you need to have proper network advertisements in your routing process if you are using any routing protocol or else need to additional static routes pointing the remote local lan networks towards the dialer interfaces with some administrative distance attached to it.

regds

hi there, sorry i asked the question wrong, what i meant to ask is can i have all my dialler interface on different networks and still be able to connect ?

Hi

Can you post the config which you are trying over there ?

regds

i cannot post them as im away from work, basically I have a main site and 4 remote sites, my question really is, does each dialler interface need to be on the same subnet as the remote router ? or can I use the ip unnumbered command on all of them and just point routes out to my remote devices ? would this work ok ?

Hi

You can configure them using ip unnumbered command also but in operational point of view and in general terms both the dialer interfaces are placed in the same subnet.

regds

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card