Views
Helpful
Replies

See port status

beckerola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I was wondering how you look for specific state ports in switches with catOS.

For example, we have here a lot of catalyst 6509 full of port modules and every port with port security activated.

When a port goes to shutdown, we have to find that particular port with a sh port and look all the ports that are on the switch until we find 2, 4 or whatever number of ports are in shutdown. Then we filter what we are looking for by MAC address.

I didn't find any command that shows only the ports that are shutdown, or activated, or not connected. There isn't the pipe to filter, or anything like a "grep" to see those specific ports.

I'm thinking about writing a script to filter the results on my PC but i would like to know if there is any solution or idea first.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I think you can use the command - 'show port'. I dont think there is an option in catos for displaying a summary of all interfaces like there is in IOS.

Refer the following link:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps679/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007f78b.html#1019941

Hope this helps.

Regards,

AbhisheK

Please rate all posts!!!

What you could do is a:

term lenght 0

Then a `show port`

en then use the search funtion in your client for "shutdown" "disabled" "not connected"

You can also (if you have a linux/unix management station" do a:

script name

then login to the device do a show port

exit

Ctrl+D

en then do a quick grep "grep disabled name"

You can also convert your 6500 to Native IOS..

Please rate this post if it helps.

Thanks

I will try that

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card