cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serial Controller ?

e-lawton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2691 with 2MFT-T1 interfaces. Setting up the Controller for these requires a timeslot group number which is displayed as the last zero when SHOW INT S0/0:0.

Is there a way not to have the last 0 sh SHOW int S0/0 works ?

Should available bandwidth be 1152k?

Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)

Conversations 0/0/256 (active/max active/max total)

Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)

Available Bandwidth 1152 kilobits/sec

1 Reply 1

averzosa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Earl,

Good Day! :-)

Its not possible to omit the last 0 because once you configured 'channel-group x timeslot command' a serial interface is created and x(channel-group number) will be at the end of the serial interface just like what you have on your router.

About the available bandwidth please see below my explanation.

######

Here is a link that explains weighted fair queueing (WFQ) on an interface. That is what you are

using on that interface for your queueing. The link will explain how the available bandwidth is

calculated. Basically you cannot use more than 75 percent of the link for any type queueing and that

is the percent you see in the show int. 2048 multiplied by 75% = 1536. Please see the link the

below.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fqos_c/fqcprt2/qcfwfq.htm#xt

ocid845748

You can configure class policies for as many classes as are defined on the router, up to the maximum

of 64. However, the total amount of bandwidth allocated for all classes included in a policy map

must not exceed 75 percent of the available bandwidth on the interface. The other 25 percent is used

for control and routing traffic.

(To override the 75 percent limitation, use the max-reserved bandwidth command.) If not all of the

bandwidth is allocated, the remaining bandwidth is proportionally allocated among the classes, based

on their configured bandwidth. Please see the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/qos_r/qos_m1g.htm#1113113

######

I hope I was able to provide the information that you need.

Best Regards,

Ansley R. Verzosa