cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Suppress pagp messages only on selected ports

o-ziltener
Level 1
Level 1

CatOS: How I could suppress the generation of pagp messages only on selected ports and not globally?

thanks

Oliver

6 Replies 6

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot do it per port

smif101
Level 4
Level 4

PAgP isn't sent out on all ports, just on etherchannel ports that are configured to do so. For PAgP packets to be exchanged the ports need to be in auto or desirable mode, if set to on or off then they are not sent out. Are you using a protocol analyser and are able to see them being sent out a regular port?

Jason Smith

www.smif101.com

This POST is concerning link up/down messages in CAT OS. These messages are generated even with channel mode set to off

If you want to suppress these syslog messages, you can modify the logging level for the PAgP facility to four or lower by issuing the command set logging level pagp 4 default (the default logging level for PAgP is five).

right..But the post was asking if he could do it per port..It cannot be done in CAT OS but can be done in native IOS

I don't speak about pagp packets out to the interface. I asked to deny pagp syslog!!! messages generated by the switch. I would like to stop on specific ports the generation of this pagp syslog messages!