cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk is working but no user traffic goes to thru.

marc-andre.roy
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 switch with an isl trunk beetween them (5505 and 2924). The trunk is up, the VTP client (2924) had learn the VLAN from the VTP server (5505) but users on other port of the 2924 have no connectivity (no DHCP replies).

No router involved, VLAN not prunned, ping from the 2924 work ! Strange ? Am i missing something ?

thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does static IP work fine?. Have you enabled spanning-tree portfast on switch ports?

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/12.html

Hi, thank you for your reply.

No static IP doesn't work either. Portfast is enable and VTP version is the same on both switch (1). I see the MAC address of the station in the CAM table but it is not propagated to the other switch (the 5505). I see "bytes in" stat increasing on the interface when the station make it's DHCP request.......!?

kevin.hu
Level 3
Level 3

Marc,

You said "No router involved". You mean you don't need router or you don't have router? What I am trying to say is that PCs are on the same VLAN as DHCP server?

Yes, same VLAN

1. Are the ports of the workstations in the right VLAN (The same as the DHCP server. ?

2. When you configure a static IP address on one workstation and another IP adress on the second workstation and then use ping. Are they replying to each other ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card