cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ubr10k M-CMTS setup Docsis 3

bhavyangs
Level 1
Level 1

I use uBR10k - 5x20 cards -configured with External EQAM for bonding downstreams.

This is my Sh Cab modem output for lab setup.

uBR10k#scm

MAC Address    IP Address      I/F       MAC          Prim RxPwr  Timing Num BPI

State        Sid  (dBmV) Offset CPE Enb

0015.cf9d.171d a.b.c.75     C5/1/0/U0 online       170   0.50  1432    1   N

78cd.8e6c.510d a.b.c.122    C5/1/0/U0 w-online     171   0.00  1442    1   N

I want to know w-online modem is bonded to how many channels ... its a 4X4 D3 modem..

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

BC10 is the latest release for BC train, but as you can see it's more than a year old.

SCE6 in my opinion is a good release, pretty stable. The SCE train is largely deployed among customer.

Please rate posts if they are useful.

Regards

Marco

View solution in original post

5x20S works fine with SCE (I have it in my lab, too).

Cheers

Marco

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

mavespig
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

you can use 'show cable modem H.H.H wideband rcs-status'.

Be aware that this command does not show the primary-channel. To get that, use 'show cable modem H.H.H primary'

Example:

CMTS#scm 172.50.1.73 prim

MAC Address    IP Address      Host          MAC           Prim  Num Primary    DS

Interface     State         Sid   CPE Downstream RfId

0018.6897.ceaa 172.50.1.73     C6/0/1/U0     w-online(pt)  10    1   Mo6/0/0:0  480

CMTS#show cable modem 172.50.1.73 wideband rcs-status

CM  : 0018.6897.ceaa

RF  : 6/0/0 1

Status                   : UP

FEC/QAM Failure          : 0        

Dup FEC/QAM Failure      : 0        

FEC/QAM Recovery         : 0        

Dup FEC/QAM Recovery     : 0        

MDD Failure              : 0        

Dup MDD Failure          : 0        

MDD Recovery             : 0        

Dup MDD Recovery         : 0        

Flaps                    : 0        

Flap Duration            : 00:00

RF  : 6/0/0 2

Status                   : UP

FEC/QAM Failure          : 0        

Dup FEC/QAM Failure      : 0        

FEC/QAM Recovery         : 0        

Dup FEC/QAM Recovery     : 0        

MDD Failure              : 0        

Dup MDD Failure          : 0        

MDD Recovery             : 0        

Dup MDD Recovery         : 0        

Flaps                    : 0        

Flap Duration            : 00:00

Please rate the post if helpful

Marco

Thanks for reply Marco,

i dont have rcc-status in command set as i use IOS 12.3.23BC10..

any other suggestions ?

Indeed the command has been introduced in SCB releases, there is no such command on BC.

If you are concerned that the modem is not using all the RFs, you can just check if it goes in partial mode. Otherwise, if you want to know which channels are being used you can rely on the fiber node configuration.

On most of the modems you can also telnet or connect to their web interface, and see directly which channels are in use.

On a side note, BC is a very old release, the branch has been already closed. At the moment the only branches still open are 12.2(33)SCF and the upcoming SCG. You may want to upgrade to a more recent release (e.g. latest SCE is very stable), which gives you more features related to wideband modems, bonding channels, etc.

Hope this helps

Marco

Hey Marco,

1. Modem Web interface status page says its locked to 4 downstreams. (primary, bonded1,2 &3) ... and it also turns its DS status LED blue (Docsis3).

2. I have gone through releases.. I use 5x20 card & Pre-2 card and i feel Release 12.2.33-SCE6 ED will be good for me. what are your suggestions ?

Best Regards,

Bhavyang

Hi Bhavyang,

1. cool, so they are using all four channels. For the time being  you can monitor it like that. If later on you will upgrade, then you can  use the RCS command above, that makes it easier.

2. Although SCE is a closed branch (i.e. there will be no SCE7), it is widely deployed and is a very stable release.

So, yes, SCE6 is a good choice for me.

Cheers

Marco

Hey Marco,

Retirement table doesnt show 12.3 23 BC10 . Now if i browse Development tree, i get following. 

Under latest it shows 12.3 23 BC 10 as latest one. how do you suggest ? by release date ? as release date of SCE6 is the latest i.e March 2012. thanks in advance..

BC10 is the latest release for BC train, but as you can see it's more than a year old.

SCE6 in my opinion is a good release, pretty stable. The SCE train is largely deployed among customer.

Please rate posts if they are useful.

Regards

Marco

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the update.

so i conclude with :

We should consider release date (for the latest) of IOS while selecting IOS. correct ?

Thank you for the support!

Regards,

Bhavyang

To know which image is the latest one, check the release date.

To choose between different branches, check how old is the latest release, then read the release notes, and check the End of Life notice for that branch.

Regards

Marco

Hey Marco,

I have ubr 10012 with ESR-PRE2 engine, SPA-24XDS-SFP and line cards UBR10-MC5X20S-D line cards..

Will SCE6 work on my box ? does it support MC5X20S-D line cards ? SCE6 supports PRE2 engine but i couldn't find MC5X20S-D compatibility information on cisco.com site.. Can you help me on that ?

I believe we are on the same page : IOS SCE6= "ubr10k2-k9p6u2-mz.122-33.SCE6.bin"

Waiting for your reply,

5x20S works fine with SCE (I have it in my lab, too).

Cheers

Marco

Hey Marco,

Thank you for confirming it works on 5X20S in your Lab.I m happy ..

Now my purpose to switch IOS is: (of course i can execute more commandsets)

1. Find SNMP oids from DOCS-IF3 mib (supported on SCE6) to check my modem is locked on howmany downstreams (i can see locked to 4 channels from webpage) from ubr 10K.

2. Read "w-online" & "online" status of specific modem from ubr10k using SNMP oids.

Currently i am around docsIf3BondingGrpCfgChList object of DOCS-IF3 mib.. (link: http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&submitClicked=true&mibName=DOCS-IF3-MIB#contents) am i on the right track ?

I will be glad to have your comments on this.

and also let me know is it right to keep expanding same discussion or i have to open a new discussion for this ? similar to a TAC ?

Thanks,

Bhavyang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: