Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN configuration

I am planning to configure separate VLANs for voice and data on my network,VLAN 2 and VLAN 3 respectively.
At distribution layer I have a single catalyst 2960S TS Switch.
At access layer I have catalysts 2960 TC for data and ESW520 Poe switch for sip phones.
SIP phones are Yealink T20P with two Ethernet ports (WAN port and PC port ) both ports can be assigned to VLAN.
The WAN port on the sip phone connects to the ESW520 Poe switch and Some PCs will connect to PC port on the sip phone.
On the access layer catalyst I will configure Access Mode for ports connecting to PCs and Trunk Mode for switch - Switch.

My challenge is, if for instance I configure the sip phone WAN and PC ports as members of VLAN 2 and VLAN 3 respectively,what will be the port configuration on my Poe switch. Keeping in mind that the traffic from a PC attached to the phone will be tagged VLAN 3 and it will have to flow through the phone to the Poe switch port

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 Replies 3

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MR Bright,

Could you please check the following link and let us know if this helps:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8107

HTH

Regards

Inayath

*Plz rate all usefull posts.

Interface configuration - Data/Voice

Switch#conf t
Switch(config)#interface GigabitEthernet
Switch(config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
Switch(config-if)#switchport mode trunk
Switch(config-if)#switchport trunk native vlan - Data VLAN
Switch(config-if)#switchport access vlan - Voice VLAN

I understand the interface config above that is,the untagged traffic from the PC ,as it leave the VOICE switch will be tagged with a native VLAN ID which in this case is the VLAN ID of data.
My question are, will the phone pass either untagged or tagged triffid to the PC and how do I configure a native VLAN on ESW since this a GUI

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

For small business switch, post in the dedicated forum.