Views
Helpful
Replies

problem in importing database form Openview to resource manager

mustafa.mail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I installed ciscoworks and Resource Mnager on winnt4.o and also same nt4.0, i am using for HP Open View. Now I need to import the database from HP Open View to Resource manager, i am trying to import the database it's giv this error.

"The specified NMS form which you want to import is not available or only partially accessible."

I can used ciscoworks and HP Open view very fine, but I can't able to import the database form Hpopen View to resourse manager,

What should be problem?

3 Replies 3

nwhalley
Level 1
Level 1

Are CiscoWorks and HP on the same server? If so was OpenView installed first and did you install the Integration Utility at the time of installing CD One. If so the integration should have been done automatically, if not you will have to install the Integration Utility. This can be done from CD One (choose custom install and Integration Utility only and follow the prompts) or downloaded from the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-nnm

(NOTE THAT YOU WILL NEED CCO LOGIN FOR THIS.).

This needs to be installed on the server running NNM.

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

I had a similar problem. The problem is that the PERL scripts are hard coded expecting everyhting to be on C:\Openview or something similar and all of my software was on D:. I modified them to point to D: with the correct path and then ran the import and it worked like a champ.

Hope this helps,

Doug

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card