cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stateful failover accross logical interface?

n.oneill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Does anyone know if a logical interface can be configured as the stateful link or do I have to use a dedicated physical link?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

You must use a dedicated physical interface for both the failover interface (if doing LAN based failover) and the stateful failover link.

Hope this helps.

Scott

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mburtin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

it seems that failover link and statefull failover link can be configured on the same physical interface but whithout the need of configuring vlan.

Does anyone can confirm my experience ?

Yes, you can configure the failover link and stateful failover link on the same physical interface. However, this is not recommended. The stateful link tends to be a very chatty interface as it passes the state of all connections from the active to the stand-by PIX. As a result, it can starve your normal failover communications that need to occur and may force an unnecessary failover. If at all possible, please try to use 2 seperate interfaces for the stateful link and the lan-based failover link.

Scott

How about a logical interface as in a VLAN trunk through a switch can that be used as the stateful interface? I plan on using a serial cable for normal failover.

Thanks

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

You must use a dedicated physical interface for both the failover interface (if doing LAN based failover) and the stateful failover link.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Thanks scott :)