Helpful
Replies

ASR1004 RP2 as LNS problem

startx001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ,

Strange lines apperas in log on Cisco ASR 1004 RP2 ESP20

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.2(2)S, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

asr1000rp2-advipservicesk9.03.06.00.S.152-2.S.bin

Using him to terminate DSL users (  PPPoVPDN )  , where some user sessions have QoS  policy

#sh subscriber session username ( username of user )

QoS Policy Map:

Class-id    Dir   Policy Name     Source

1           Out   DSL_PPP_104_Out Peruser

in log i get this message

317074: Jun 29 14:51:49.993: %SGPM-3-POLICY_RULE_SERVICE_CONFIG_ERROR: Service () is configured incorrectly, service_failed event will be thrown

I checked configuration of policy-map , all policy-maps that i use is present in configuration .

Anyone know what this message means ?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Manuel Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The log messages is normally related to an issue when applying a service. In your case, it can be related to the QoS feature you are trying to apply. It could be that the policy you are trying to apply frm Radius is indeed not defined in the router or that it is an unsupported policy for Virtual-access interfaces.

You mentioned that you verified that all the policies are present in the configuration. The bes to confirm that and which policies is having issues would be to collect the following while a session triggering the messages is coming up:

- debug radius

- show tech

That will give us an idea of which policy is causing issues.

You also included the following output:

#sh subscriber session username ( username of user )

QoS Policy Map:

Class-id    Dir   Policy Name     Source

1           Out   DSL_PPP_104_Out Peruser

Can you confirm that is the only policy being applied to the sessions. Only policy "DSL_PPP_104_Out" in output direction is intended to be applied or is there any policy in input direction that is intended to be applied and is not?

Best regards.

Yes , only policies in OUT direction should be applied.

I have no policies in IN direction .

Regards

Hi,

Can you share your configuration and the debug output I mentioned? The best would be to collect debug output in the logging buffer so we can see the log message together with the debug output so we can see the sequence of events.

Also, collect "sh policy-map interface virtual-access " once the session  is up. That should show what is being actually applied by the policy map.

Regards

What was the solution?

Regards

Hi,

No clear solution was identified on this since no further data was provided. As you can see, I asked for some data to be able to check further:

Can you share your configuration and the debug output I mentioned? The best would be to collect debug output in the logging buffer so we can see the log message together with the debug output so we can see the sequence of events.

Also, collect "sh policy-map interface virtual-access " once the session  is up. That should show what is being actually applied by the policy map.

Feel free to provide that in order to check.

Regards

Hello Everyone,

I can confirm I have seen the exact same problem on an LNS today.  I ran debug radius and the following line appeared:

%SGPM-3-POLICY_RULE_SERVICE_CONFIG_ERROR: Service () is configured incorrectly, service_failed event will be thrown

This was seen just after the radius-accept in the debug output.  The problem was traced to a typing mistake in the RADIUS entry on the RADIUS server which referenced a loopback interface that did not exist.

I have seen the following lines used in RADIUS entries for loopback interfaces:

lcp:interface-config#2= ip unnumbered Loopback908

or

ip:ip-unnumbered=Loopback907

I hope this helps,

Mark.

anaswat1990
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I Have the same problem 
Any updates ?!? Please Let me know

Thanks

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

An example:

The VRF or the Loopback interface referred by the RADIUS attribute is not present in the router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: