cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading 140ac and 240ac access points to latest firmware - 10.7.1.0

Peter44
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to upgrade a number of 140ac and 240ac Small Business access points to the latest firmware 10.7.1.0 that was released a week or so ago, the APs won't upgrade using the web interface despite indicating that a new firmware is available and I also cannot download the file from the support site despite it showing as available. Has anyone else successfully upgraded these APs?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CoreyP319
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter44,

We recently upgraded the internal systems that seek out updates from the APs. You'll need to upgrade manually for this release, but automatic download will work from that point forward. 

The firmware file is too large for me to attach here. What are you seeing when you attempt to download the file?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

CoreyP319
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter44,

We recently upgraded the internal systems that seek out updates from the APs. You'll need to upgrade manually for this release, but automatic download will work from that point forward. 

The firmware file is too large for me to attach here. What are you seeing when you attempt to download the file?

Hi Corey

Thanks for the reply, I've just checked the download page again and now I seem to be able to download the new firmware and the release notes so thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Hey Peter44,

No problem, as a heads up,

1. You'll need to unzip the zip file, to upload the mesh extender (if you have any ) image

2. Select http transfer method, toggle the mesh extender update > complete the predownload for the extenders

3. Refresh the page, toggle off the mesh extender option to allow for browsing for the AP image within the unzipped folder

I'm completing my update now and found those steps, less than user friendly. let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks!

Corey

Thanks again Corey, that's very helpful.

I just downloaded the 10.7.1.0 update and attempted to update my access point.  The access point still shows being on 10.6.1.0 after it restarts. 

stefano.toro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

It seems that the firmware is not available anymore. I can't download them.

For complement, I can download old firmware from the same page, like 10.6.1.0 or 10.4.1.0, but not 10.7.1.0

Also the release note is not available too.

Thinking that this is release as been removed by Cisco (maybe because of quality issue)

Thank you for helping

Stefano

After searching, i've found the right page for downloading the firmware

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286324978/type/286325362/release/10.7.1.0?i=!ppSoftware Download - Cisco Systems

And for reading the release note

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/CBW_Admin/CBW_RN/cbw_RN_10_7_1_0_combined.pdf

So, it's only the Cisco website that contain invalid or non-existent links

Stefano

MAX COTTON
Level 1
Level 1

I found out that it takes a really long time for the auto restart to happen for the updated software to take effect.  I was restarting the access point too early and aborting the update.  After the update says that it is complete go have another cup of coffee.  When you come back it will have restarted.  Close your browser and log back in and it will show the correct software version.