Views
Helpful
Replies

AP3802-E-K9(C)

Frank Lindner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

looking for the AP3802i which can be configured as autonomous AP (flashing -w7- Image instead of -w8-. Is this still possible?

While reading data sheet, I've found the order-option "C" at the end of the product-number. 

EG: AP3802-E-K9 and AP3802-E-K9C. This "C" means "configurable", but what is "configurable"? I didn't have found any explanation. 

Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Frank,

looking for the AP3802i which can be configured as autonomous AP (flashing -w7- Image instead of -w8-. Is this still possible?

Cisco 3802 AP don't support Autonomous/Standalone mode. It only support CAPWAP(WLC based)or Mobility express.

AP3802-E-K9 and AP3802-E-K9C. This "C" means "configurable", but what is "configurable"?

AP3802-E-K9- for this you need a controller to make it work.

AP3802-E-K9C - It comes or need a Mobility express image to work as WLC and AP simultaneously. Also you can connect other APs to it.these AP will support 3802 WLC: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/mobility_express/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide_chapter_01.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Frank,

Cisco 3802 AP don't support Autonomous/Standalone mode. It only support CAPWAP(WLC based)or Mobility express.

AP3802-E-K9 and AP3802-E-K9C. This "C" means "configurable", but what is "configurable"?

AP3802-E-K9- for this you need a controller to make it work.

AP3802-E-K9C - It comes or need a Mobility express image to work as WLC and AP simultaneously. Also you can connect other APs to it.these AP will support 3802 WLC: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/mobility_express/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide_chapter_01.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

perfect, thanks. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card