cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Archives and Scheduling

melissaadams17
Level 1
Level 1

We have events set up to archive motion events for 30 days.  Are schedules required for the motion events?  We have never had our system set up this way previously and this past Monday, every archive started over and anything previously recorded is missing.  We did not have any space free up on the volumes so just trying to figure out what happened.  I do have a TAC case open on this currently but I'm not sure NOT using schedules is the reason this happened.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

kcapoor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Melissa,

did you check the Expiration time of archived video ?.

Karan

We have the archive set to loop continuously and store for 30 days.  I'm under the impression that it will groom and remove everything previous to the 30 days automatically.  we had 150 cameras all reset at the same time on Monday, which makes no sense since some I had just set up on Monday morning. I cannot find or view anything previous to Monday night.

I would check the motion events to see if they are triggering properly. What version of VSM are you running? Is your VSOM seperate from your VSMS?

What size is the VSOM server? 1RU, 2RU or 4RU?

The events are triggering correctly.  We have been recording successfully since the little blip on May 2nd.  Sounds like my TAC case is being escalated to figure out the problem.

TAC will look into this case, also if could post here the IMS.log logs of may 2nd to know exactly what happen.

Thanks

Karan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: