Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5545 Context Mode - Monitoring Hardware status

Hafiz_HR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have been requested to check the hardware status for ASA5545. unfortunately, I can't enter the commands below as the firewall has change to multiple context mode. I'm not familiar on this context mode, hope someone can guide me how to access command below if the firewall has been virtualized.

This is the command I want to enter:

#show environment
#show power

Thanks,

Hafiz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not sure if those commands would be shown under the system or the admin context. If you want to get into the system context use the command "changeto system", and if you want to get into the admin (or any other context) use the command "changeto context admin". Admin context name could be different than the default one "admin".

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

these commands are available only system or admin context (depends on config)

multi-context means one hardware with few or many instances with resources allocated to context (like virtual)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Janalima
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

Midsize businesses protecting the Internet edge require the same level of protection as large, enterprise networks. You require enterprise-strength security, but purchasing a firewall that was built to handle the performance needs and budget of a large enterprise would be unnecessary and a waste of company resources. You need a firewall that provides the performance you need at a price you can afford, without compromising security

CUIMS

Not sure if those commands would be shown under the system or the admin context. If you want to get into the system context use the command "changeto system", and if you want to get into the admin (or any other context) use the command "changeto context admin". Admin context name could be different than the default one "admin".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: