cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CIVS MSP 4RU server in need of a recovery DVD

williamjshields
Level 1
Level 1

Currently have a Cisco CIVS MSP 4RU server in need of a recovery DVD. Need a service contract to download

the software. Created an open case and have been in contact with Cisco. Still waiting for a reseller partner to enable

the process to move forward. Been a week and still waiting. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

7 Replies 7

mcwalter
Level 3
Level 3

Hi William. 

Sorry to hear about your 4RU. I believe they shipped at one point with the recovery software but maybe not. Without an active Cisco smartnet contract covering the server you are unfortunately not eligible to get the Software or support. The company that installed the device for you may be able to help but the SNT contract is key. Good luck!

It sure seems to be! I stand corrected. Best of luck getting your 4RU back on line. Let us know how it goes. 

Cheers

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

William,

Is there any TAC case open ? if yes they can probably publish the recovery file for CIVS server and help you move forward re-building/recover the server with recovery image.

Br,
Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hello Nadeem, unfortunately there is no TAC case. I am attempting to setup a Service Contract for a client. So far I am unable to associate with a partner reseller. I have been in contact with Cisco rep.

Am I missing something? So far you appear to be the only one on the right track. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

unfortunately you need to service contract to open a case with Cisco or entitled to download the recovery image which is available on Cisco.com download section .

You have to kind a push them for contract renewal if expires or atleast entitlement for software support.

br,
Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

I am definately pushing them. Any tips on getting a desired response. Seems kinda counter productive refusing to my clients money. Quick question. When someone needs access to a download on the Cisco site. What is the appropriate process? Am I going about this all wrong?