Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
taelon_x7
Beginner

Cisco VSMS 6.3.1 Install Documentation

Hello,

I ran across an issue during the install of VSMS 6.3.1 on RedHat that needs to be addresses in the install documentation. The install doc does not make a reference to requiring a partition for the archive storage. If you install using the default partitioning method of RedHat, it will only create a boot and system partition, neither can be used by VSMS for archival purposes.

5 REPLIES 5
jfiranzi
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for that feedback.  I will make inquiries to PSBU and the doc team to see if this was intentional (leaving partitioning discussions in a separate document) or an oversight.  In either case, a reference to additional documents would be helpful so that future installs do not suffer from a similar lack of instructions.

For now, the docs for partitioning for RHEL may be found here beginning on page 5 in the section Creating Partitions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/media_server/6_1/install_upgrade/vsms_install.pdf

Thanks again for pointing this out,

Jim

I attached some docs that might help.

jfiranzi
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks to your feedback, I filed a defect against the VSM 6.3.1 Install & Upgrade Guide to include partition requirements for video storage.

CSCtn08416 - VSM 6.3.1 Install & Upgrade Guide missing partition  requirements

Thanks also to John for posting those files so that others may have access.

All the best,

Jim

harsandh
Beginner

Please be aware that Red Hat 5.x is not supported for VSM

I removed the RedHat 5.X doc.

Content for Community-Ad