Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VSMS 6.3.1 Install Documentation

taelon_x7
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I ran across an issue during the install of VSMS 6.3.1 on RedHat that needs to be addresses in the install documentation. The install doc does not make a reference to requiring a partition for the archive storage. If you install using the default partitioning method of RedHat, it will only create a boot and system partition, neither can be used by VSMS for archival purposes.

5 Replies 5

jfiranzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Thank you for that feedback.  I will make inquiries to PSBU and the doc team to see if this was intentional (leaving partitioning discussions in a separate document) or an oversight.  In either case, a reference to additional documents would be helpful so that future installs do not suffer from a similar lack of instructions.

For now, the docs for partitioning for RHEL may be found here beginning on page 5 in the section Creating Partitions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/media_server/6_1/install_upgrade/vsms_install.pdf

Thanks again for pointing this out,

Jim

I attached some docs that might help.

jfiranzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Thanks to your feedback, I filed a defect against the VSM 6.3.1 Install & Upgrade Guide to include partition requirements for video storage.

CSCtn08416 - VSM 6.3.1 Install & Upgrade Guide missing partition  requirements

Thanks also to John for posting those files so that others may have access.

All the best,

Jim

harsandh
Level 1
Level 1

Please be aware that Red Hat 5.x is not supported for VSM

I removed the RedHat 5.X doc.