Views
Helpful
Replies

Replace faulty Camera on VSOM

Finbarr Rogers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have tried replacing a faulty Cisco 2621 camera with a brand new one. I give the new camea the exact same IP settings as i do not want to have to delete and add it again in VSOM

The problem i have is that when i do this, VSOM still has an endpoint error. I cannot afford to delete and add these cameras again on VSOM as i have over 60 cameras to replace..

Is there a way to re-initiate the feed with the VSMS so to keep the existing archive and live feed the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Finny           

2 Replies 2

gsimenc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Finbar, which VSM version are you using?

VSM 7 has the ability to push (=replace) camera configuration, providing the IP and the admin credentials are the same.

If you're using VSM 6.3.2, there is camera replacement functionality available, but I believe this is only applicable when moving from 24xx & 25xx series, to the 26xx series cameras.

Can I ask you open a PDI helpdesk case, to help you replace these cameras in the most effiicent way?

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/pdihd.html

Thanks,

Gregor

Cory Blackman
Level 1
Level 1

Well, if VSOM was working and if you're sure it is a bad camera (for example you've taken it down and tested it on PoE) then you should be able to swap in another exact same camera with exact same IP settings (and be sure camera firmware is most recently approved for v6 or v7 VSM) and see it in VSOM as the camera you just replaced, or the network is the problem.  I just wonder why you have to replace 60 of them, really!?  Yes, call Cisco for support too imo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: