Views
Helpful
Replies

Requirements to Upgrade 6.3.2 to 7.0.1

haris_qazi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to know the requirements to upgrade from VSM 6.3.2 to VSM 7.0.1. I need the following clarifications:

1- Licensing Model (Do the customer needs to pay for this upgrade)

2- Upgrade Possibility (Can we upgrade directly or do we need to upgrade to some other version first)

3- Virtual Matrix License Upgrade to SASD (Do the customer needs to pay)

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasonle
Level 5
Level 5

Haris,

#1 & #3

Licenses, upgrades, cost, etc. will depend many factors. However, part numbers for migrating from VSM 6.3.2 to VSM 7 are quite affordable.  I would suggest contacting your Cisco sales rep for this.

Migrating to VSM 7 requires a fresh starting point at 6.3.2 MR2 (or later).  Keep in mind this is a MIGRATION and not a simple upgrade. Take a look at the link below for options. If you are a current Physical Security ATP partner, you can open a case with PDI Helpdesk (www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk) to start the migration process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/release_notes/7_0_0/vsm_rn_7_0.html#wp157593

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jasonle
Level 5
Level 5

Haris,

#1 & #3

Licenses, upgrades, cost, etc. will depend many factors. However, part numbers for migrating from VSM 6.3.2 to VSM 7 are quite affordable.  I would suggest contacting your Cisco sales rep for this.

Migrating to VSM 7 requires a fresh starting point at 6.3.2 MR2 (or later).  Keep in mind this is a MIGRATION and not a simple upgrade. Take a look at the link below for options. If you are a current Physical Security ATP partner, you can open a case with PDI Helpdesk (www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk) to start the migration process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/release_notes/7_0_0/vsm_rn_7_0.html#wp157593

Hope this helps!