Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Reset IP address to default on 6020 and 6400

Need some help.   I fat fingered the IP address on both a 6020 and a 6400, now I can't get to them.   According to the documentation you hold reset for 15 and 30 seconds.  I did this, the camera reset everything else, but the IP address remains the same.  I verified on the switch that the IP never changes.   What am i doing wrong on resetting the IP address?

Robert                  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner

Holding it for 30 seconds should do the trick. If DHCP is enabled it may get leased the same address though unless you let it come up for 3 minutes with no network connection. But it sounds like you are using static IP.

In an identical situation in the past I  just connected the camera to a hub, put my laptop onto the same subnet, and then go in through a browser and set it to the corrcet IP that I wanted. I found that easier than the whole factory reset dance. This is assuming that you know the IP that the camera currently has (which it sound slike you do).

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Robert,

Another trick that works ( at least it did with the 2500 and 2600 series cameras) was to perform an IP Address Only reset ( target about 3-5 seconds.) while running an extended ping on the default IP.  You may have to do this 2 or 3 times before you see activity, and I would give it 3 mins each time before giving up and resetting again.

Connecting directly to the camera or through a local switch which does not provide dhcp is sometimes the best way to recover.

I hope that helps,

Jim