cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Third party IP cameras

blair.sibille
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have Cisco 2500 IP cameras running in our network but was looking for peoples opinion/experience with other vendors cameras. Can anyone make a reccomendation on another camera to use ? Thanks.

10 Replies 10

guidovans
Level 1
Level 1

We are using Bosch PTZ and Axis cameras icw VSOM.

@Guido van Schijndel:  Which encoder(s) are you using?  Do you get full PTZ control through the encoder from VSM?

Hi,

You will find that the platform will support many cameras. For a full list of supported cameras head on over to www.ciscoet.com.  You will find the supported device list.  You will need get a username and password. Your account manager should be able to arrange this for you.

What it comes to is what you need the camera to do and where the camera is going to be installed.  Cisco has a number of cameras that should fit into almost every requirement.

If you want to let me know what camera you are looking for I can check for you.

Thanks

Mike

We tried it first with the Cisco encoders but we could not get it to work. Then we tried the Axis 241S Encoder and it worked in 5 minutes. full PTZ control.

Hello Guido van,

Sir we are also using PTZ bosch cameras on VSOM but unfortunately there is some error occured, we install recoverey of Suse  Linux on MSP 4Ru server but it doesnot work still Bosch PTZ are not working, we couldnt able to get view from VSOM. could you help me in this regard, it should be benifical to me

What type of Bosch Camera do you use ? Is it an ip camera ?

What is the firmware/software version of the Bosch camera ?

What version of VSOM do you use ?

Yes we are using Bosch Camera autodome 300 & they are ip cameras..

The firmware version of bosch camera is 13500352.

and VSOM version is  6.3.1, but we can't understand what is the issue that Ptz are not viewing they are giving end point error.,...plz help us in this problem.

Regards,

Shuaib

dear suhaib:

i have question:

1- when you the camera did you choose the same driver for it?

2- when you configure the camera it self, what's the parameter you put( farme rate, compression/coif/4 CIF)?

3- when you add it at media server try to re name it with deferent name.

thx

smadi

What type of encoder do u have in the camera ? a MPEG4 or H264 ? please provide me the screen of the bosch showing hardware info/status.

Example:
VG4-MTRN-E = MPEG4 (OK)

VG4-MTRN-E1 = H264 ( NOT OK !)

Cisco only works with MPEG4 (or MJPEG).

Sir the issue has been solved, but i cant understand why does it occurs.

the issue has been solved just changing the transmission protocol from udp to tcp, sir kindly advise me why it occur's