cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM 7.9.0 camera error

EFCampbell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco CIVS-IPC-6630 camera that will not allow me to set up motion configuration. I get this error: "Error message:[Unable to listen to device for events. failed to turn on event history for motion events [failed to set new EventHRSetting's: Device reported a failure from the request's response. CONTENT ERROR -- redundant tags not allowed!!].]"

I have reset the camera to default. I have removed the camera from VSOM and re-added it after setting the camera back to default settings. Does anyone know why it is telling me that it can't set up a redundant tag, even though there are none?

3 Replies 3

voyo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Very likely you are running old firmware on this camera.

For VSM 7.9 that you have minimum supported version for this camera is 2.7.1 , however latest available version is 2.10 (and I recommend to upgrade to the latest).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/physical_security/video_surveillance/network/vsm/release_notes/7_9_0/vsm_rn_7_9_0.html#pgfId-54284

Hope it helps.

jsah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This issue mainly occur due to older firmware running on device. You need to upgrade the camera firmware to latest version (2.10). Please get it upgraded and test setting the motion window.

This is not likely to be the issue, since I have multiple cameras running the same version of software as the one in question without this error message when setting motion windows. I now have the message on another camera that is a different model, 6620, when attempting to set a motion capture.

The cameras I get the error message when attempting to set motion capture settings are new cameras that were not purchased at the same time as the others that do not have the error. They are all running the same version of firmware, though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: