cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSOM Affective current status "Active repository /media/disk does not have write permission"

Evgeniy Zenin
Level 1
Level 1

Several media servers are attached to the VSOM.
One media server have hardware status is critical with type: "server_storage_write_status", and description: "Write access on /media/disk is critical" (see attached screenshot).
This server had HDD issues that were fixed. There are no RAID errors in the video management console.
All disks have the status "Optimal, Spun Up" as well as on other media servers.

All cameras attached to the media server work correctly, recording from cameras is carried out. In other words, the media server works correctly.

Resetting the server status, restarting services, and restarting the server does not help.

Please help to remove an incorrect error of the server status.

PS: VSM version is 7.8.0

4 Replies 4

voyo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Evgeniy,

Despite the "correct" status of raid and HDD itself, there might be problem with filesystem on mediapartition, which is probably corrupted and needs to be fixed. That's what I can tell by looking on your description and history of problems on this server which you presented.

Highlevel description how to proceed is to-

- confirm problems with WR access to mediapartition(s) on that server

- stop cisco services

- fix with XFS tools filesystem on affected partition

Best, I recommend to open TAC case.

Hi voyo,

Thank you for your recomendations, but i'm not sure what that means:

- confirm problems with WR access to mediapartition(s) on that server

Would you explain please?

I will try to perform two others operations in the near future. The results will be reported.

Best regads.

Hi,

By confirming write-access problems I mean to simple checking if you can 'manually' write something on your filesystem.

Simple test is to just run 'touch /media1/testfile' and verify the result  (assuming you have an issue with /media1 partition).

and also if you have enough space to store something on this partition.

Hi Evgeniy,

This issue seems like the data inside /media1 partitions is not accessible anymore and this has to repaired first without corrupting the existing data in it and then only all the data in the disk will be accessible. Even you access the media partitions it will give error of "Input/Output error"

I recommend you to please open the TAC SR first with us in order to get right assistance and recover the media partitions without any data loss.

BR,

Jayesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: