Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

One-Way Audio Issue

tim.moomaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We are running UCCX 7.1 (SR5), UCM 7.1.5.34085-1, 4 Voice Gateways 12.4(19b) .

We have been experiencing some calls into our call center that when answered by our CSR's there is one way audio.  This happens only on a handful of the calls but has happened enough to raise the attention of the supervisors in the call center.

Our CSR's mainly use IP Communicators 7.06 and it appears to only affect those users within our Call center as other users throughout the company have not complained about one way voice issues.  For the most part everyone else also uses hard-phones.

We also have another business unit that has a seperate call center and their calls terminate on seperate Voice Gateways and they have not complained about one-way voice issues. 

I have a few questions:

Could UCCX be playing a role in the one-way audio since it seems to be only occuring in our Call Center?  From the responses I have received from TAC they are stating that this is not a UCCX issue and most likely a voice gateway issue.  The group here that handles Call Manager and the voice gateway's are suspicious of TAC's  statement that this is never UCCX causing one-way voice issues.  The customer from what we can deduce can navigate the options in the script just fine it is only when they are connected to a rep that they experience one way audio.

Are softphones (IP Communicator) more susceptible to network issues than hardphones since it is only affecting softphones from what we can tell?

We have redistributed our PRI's so that the calls which were coming in mainly on Voice Gateway 1 are no terminating to Voice Gateway 4 and the issue is still there.  What is the best course of action to help determine what is causing the one-way voice on these calls?  Any guidance would be appreciated on how to troubleshoot this issue.

Who Me Too'd this topic