cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Cisco Nexus 5596 does not boots up after NX-OS upgrade 5.1.3.N1.1 to 6.0.2.N2.5 [CSCun66310]

ajay pandey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

Just want to save your precious time & effort, while doing Nexus 5596 upgrades so wanted to share some useful info which you can have a look prior to your upgrades of Cisco Nexus 5596 device.

I recently ran into trouble when upgarding one of datacenter switch Nexus 5596 does not boots up and after investigation from Cisco TAC it comes out to be Bug documented below.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun66310/?reffering_site=dumpcr

My Upgrade path of device was : 5.1(3)N1(1)  to  6.0(2)N2(5).

Since this upgarde involves upgrade of Bios and Power sequensor, I was having some doubts to get this succesfully upgraded,  But there was more twist involved in this upgrade which I came to know after contacting Cisco TAC for my died Nexus 5596 device and got info that if you have below impacted version in your Nexus 5596 device and you are planning to do Upgrade, then you migh RUN into this serious BUG aftre which device won't come up at all and only Option left is to replace with RMA device.

PID                            Impacted                   Hardware versions      Updated Versions

UCS-FI-6296UP                                            1.0                                       1.1

N5K-C5596UP                                              1.0                                        1.1

N5K-C5596T                                                 1.1                                         1.2

You can check hardware version using below command from your device.

5596# show sprom sup | inc H/W

H/W Version     : 1.1

So please be carefull when planning your Nexus 5596 upgrade and verify above things as this Bug is not present anywhere in Upgrade docuemntations unfortunately.

Hope this will help and save someone's precious Time.

Who Me Too'd this topic