Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Unity Connection – new tool in development for live message archive

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey folks – started working on some prototypes for a new live mail archiver over the break.  It's a service that archives messages that arrive in Unity Connection 8.x and later as they come into the system.  Basically it’s build around an SMTP server library, database and some file encryption/archive items. It works as some 3rd party services do by configuring user mailboxes to “store and forward” voice messages such that one copy is stored in Connection and a copy is sent to the mail server and archived on the fly.  This is much nicer than a backup system that does "data extraction" type backups on a set schedule in that it's always up to date and offers options for much more sophisticated feature sets.

It’s not a complicated design, but there’s a lot of details and bits and pieces to it – As noted there are 3rd party services you can use today but they’re a bit expensive and can be a bear to setup. I’m exploring this as a free tool similar to others currently offered on www.CiscoUnityTools.com

Items like traffic reports, restore of missing messages for individual mailboxes or entire deployments, message archive search, auto configuration of Connection setup for setting up store-and-forward settings etc… are all being considered.

I’m looking for some feedback on feature set, design, deployment and such and, of course, anyone wanting to beta test early versions is always welcome. If you’re interested in taking a look and being part of the design process IM me here or email me (Lindborg at cisco dot com).

-J

Who Me Too'd this topic