Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Setting up a Aironet 1852E AP - Radios Off - Cisco IOS 12.3(4)JA

HolmesNetworks
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new Cisco Aironet 1800 Series AP that I'm trying to setup. Specifically the 1852E. I don't have a controller and trying to use the Mobility Express Deployment method. When I received the unit There is a yellow label on the outside specifically stating, "RADIOS OFF BY DEFAULT Note: The radios are disabled by default for Cisco IOS Releases 12.3(4)JA and later".

So can someone please tell me how I'm supposed to setup this AP when the radios aren't even on, thus the CiscoAirProvision SSID isn't being broadcast?

I have tried the following:

1. Plugged the unit into my PoE switch. Device gets power and discovery mode does begin (red/amber/green light cycling). It does successfully get an IP address from my DHCP.

2. When I attempt to access the device via my laptop over the local LAN it just times out. Pings do reply.

I apologize if my post seems rough, I am quite agitated that even after spending over 5 hours trying to troubleshoot and get this thing to work it's been nothing but a nightmare (so much for the touted 10min setup). I actually RTFM. Am I missing something glaringly simple? or am I right to assume Cisco has really missed the boat on posting the appropriate fix in their existing documentation.

FYI. Thorough Google Searches and searches on this forum have yielded me no help.

Thanks.

Who Me Too'd this topic