Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

ASR1001-x licensing

lorenzo limardo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to understand the following points on the license of ASR1001-x.

According to this documentation, looks like that all the licenses are HONOR BASED starting from 3.7S

Is this valid for all, technology throughput license and 10 GIGA license?

What if is added a third SPA card 10 GIGA SPA-1x10GE-L-V2? would the license be  RTU RIGHT TO USE?

in my case, i am still in eval period, and would like to be regular for ASR1001-X 20 GB throughput, + 3 10 GIGA connections.

Thanks a lot for the support.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr1000/install/guide/1001-x/asr1hig-book/router_license_verify.html

10-GE Interface Evaluation License Features

When the 60-Day Evaluation Period expires, the license automatically changes to an RTU license. As with all other RTU licenses, there is no functionality disruption or accessibility concerns following this transition.
There can be only one active interface_10g license. Either the Permanent License or the EvalRTU License can be Active, but not both.
As with past license implementations, the Permanent license is of higher precedence than the built-in EvalRTU license. However, when the Permanent license does not have enough port-count (that is, when the user requests both built-in 10GE ports but the Permanent License only allows for one port), the license priority changes between the Permanent and Evaluation licenses. In this case, the Evaluation License becomes Active since it can accommodate both ports. The Permanent License will automatically become Active if and when its port-count meets the user’s desired configuration.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr1000/install/guide/1001-x/asr1hig-book/router_license_verify.html

Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers Ordering Guide

All Cisco ASR 1000 feature and performance upgrade licenses are honor-based; that is, they are not enforced through a PAK (Product Activation Key).

Note: Prior to Cisco IOS XE Software Release 3.7S, performance upgrade licenses that are required to upgrade the Cisco ASR 1001 from 2.5 to 5 Gbps or the Cisco ASR 1002-X from 5 to 10 to 20 to 36 Gbps are enforced through a PAK. Similarly, prior to Cisco IOS XE Software Release 3.6S, technology package licenses are enforced through a PAK. [1]

- When the 60-Day Evaluation Period expires, the license automatically changes to an RTU license. As with all other RTU licenses, there is no functionality disruption or accessibility concerns following this transition. [2]

Who Me Too'd this topic