Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Jabber Multi-Line and Voice Mail for Shared Lines

catkins101
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My company recently moved to 12.5 versions of UCM, IM&P, Unity and UCCX. One big reason for this was the multi-line feature in Jabber. Prior to this version we could only outfit our agents with CIPC solutions for softphones. When these agents were on desk phones and CIPC they had multiple lines in some cases. One personal line, one IPCC and sometimes a shared line where the department mailbox was located allowing for MWI notifications that voice mails were left. With this new version of Jabber, there does not appear to be MWI or notification that a voice mail is in the mailbox. From what I have read, the Jabber client only shows notifications for the primary line. This causes a couple of issues for us. First is that the primary line on all agents in CCX is the IPCC line and not their personal line. So, they will not see that they have a voice mail waiting on their personal line. The IPCC line does not have voice mail. Second, the shared lines that some agents have assigned also do not show when voice mails are in the department mailbox. Before, the desk phones and CIPC had MWI or voice mail icons represented on each line.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am having a hard time figuring out a solution to this. Many of our CSQs in CCX give an option to leave a voice mail instead of wait in queue. The only thing I can think is to set Unity to send an email to a distribution list, which will alert agents that voice mails are waiting in the department mailbox. Either that, or agents would need to randomly check the mailbox throughout the day.

Who Me Too'd this topic