cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

887VA + WAP121 + Lotus Traveler

pristleinc
Level 1
Level 1

I have a curious issue on a customer site where the above components are installed.

The issue being that the iPhones the users utilise cannot connect to the mail server via WiFi, they are forced to connect with their 3G connection. The core issue seems to be the 887VA, as when I've installed 'lesser' branded ADSL routers, the connection seems to be fine.

The iPhones are set to access the mailserver via the URL: mail.customer.com. Should I change this to the internal IP of the server 192.168.12.200, the mail connection works fine. However I cannot expect the client to make this change everytime they arrive or leave the office. Presently I have them disable WiFi when on premises.

Laptops, Nokia device etc. seem to have no problem.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Paul Price

2 Replies 2

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Paul, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for you issues you are having Paul, in this case I advise you to try with different level of security to try the better combination to avoid those issues.

Also you can check the document bellow,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29821

I hope you find this answer useful

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

vvijaysa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Paul,

My name is Vijay S. Venkitachalam.

I think this might be a problem of the DNS server or the DNS Server settings of WAP121/321 as the address is not getting resolved. Try configuring the DNS Server settings in the WAP. The below article might help you wih the configuration (See the DNS server settings at the end):

IPv4 Settings Configuration on WAP121 and WAP321 Access Points

Please let me know if it didn't work. Also, if have tried all this already please ignore my post.

Thanks,

Vijay S. Venkitachalam