Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV042 Router automatically Restart every 1 minutes

Maria Joseph R
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

Cisco RV042 Small Business router is automatically Restart every 1 minutes. Kindly give the solution to rectify the problem

Regards,

Maria Joseph. R

75 Replies 75

raymondnichols
Level 1
Level 1

It appears Cisco cares less about all the customers that purchased the RV042 series routers.  What a worthless corporation they have become.  They must not need future business in the United States to treat us in such a way.

Gabriel Badea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

As you will find earlier in this thread Cisco acknowledged that this is a major issue that they are looking into.  That was back in October.  I think it's safe to say at this point they will not be doing anything about it.  The only solution is to find another product and replace.

Another bites the Dust, A BRAND NEW Backup unit out of the box worked for about a WEEK or so and getting killed. It might not be restarting every minute but GUI is not accessible, and than BAD GATEWAY, than NAT works for a bit than Completely unaccusable. Powering OFF for few minute's an Powe back on works for a while and than same thing. NOT CONNECTED TO INTERNET WORKS FINE.

Like A Silent kill Pill sent over internet who knows

Mike Cisco User
Level 1
Level 1

I reached out to Cisco Tech Support and didn't get a response.  Based on talking with others in the IT world, It looks like Cisco sent a "bullet" to kill the product.  So any units on the Public internet are/were vulnerable to this. I have not seen any posts indicating that units on a Intranet were affected.

Gabriel Badea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

What router model do you recommend to replace it?

Thanks,

I have had positive experiences with routers from the ASUS folks. Reasonably priced, reasonably powerful. Not exactly the same build quality as Cisco but still reasonable. The menu/configuration/interface is a zero sum of pluses and minuses.

TP Link - ER605 (small office) and ER7206 (has 1 FO lan/wan input)

Gabriel Badea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, any updates?

Gabriel Badea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to replace the RV042 router with another router model.
What do you recommend?

I replaced it with MIKROTIK rb750, for the application I use it worked very
well. The configuration follows a very different concept, but there is a
lot of content on the WEB to clear up doubts.

VENKATREDDY
Level 1
Level 1

At last in warranty RV042 devices replaced by cisco.Once spoke with customer care and replace the devices

Good news, how was the process, which team they replaced you with, I still
haven't received an answer.

VENKATREDDY
Level 1
Level 1

0008001001364 customer care number