cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV325 Losing Internet when enabling the VLAN checkbox

arhuenda
Level 1
Level 1

I've set up 5 VLANs in my Cisco RV325. Next, I created identical VLANs on my Cisco SG300-28 L3 Managed Switch. I was able to configure the ports on my L3 Switch and set the Trunk Port that connects my switch to the Cisco RV325. However, when I select the Enable VLAN option in my Cisco RV325, I lose internet connection. 

Another issue is that, while I was able to assign individual VLANs to their respective ports on the L3 switch, I am unable to properly configure the ports to allow DHCP to work for each VLAN. I've already configured the required network pools in the switch for each VLAN, but nothing seems to work. Could somebody please help me with the issues I am encountering?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am in guess make sure RV325 is spanning root for all the VLAN

and SG300 should not be root bridge for that vlan. (raise to different priority so no spanning take over ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Blakely435
Level 1
Level 1

@arhuenda wrote:

I've set up 5 VLANs in my Cisco RV325. Next, I created identical VLANs on my Cisco SG300-28 L3 Managed Switch. I was able to configure the ports on my L3 Switch and set the Trunk Port that connects my switch to the Cisco RV325. However, when I select the Enable VLAN option in my Cisco RV325, I lose internet connection. coach hire coach hire

Another issue is that, while I was able to assign individual VLANs to their respective ports on the L3 switch, I am unable to properly configure the ports to allow DHCP to work for each VLAN. I've already configured the required network pools in the switch for each VLAN, but nothing seems to work. Could somebody please help me with the issues I am encountering?

Thank you.

When you enable the VLAN option on the Cisco RV325, what exact settings are you applying, and are there any specific error messages or logs that indicate why the internet connection is lost?