cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does RV340 actually support "Command line using SSH" ?

rickrossnc
Level 1
Level 1

The datasheet for the RV340 claims it has "Command line using SSH", but for the life of me I can't see anything to enable this in the interface. Does anyone out there know how?

Thanks!
Rick

PS - I did find a potentially relevant block in the xml config file, but changing the value from false to true didn't help.

<cli>
<ssh>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</ssh>
</cli>
11 Replies 11

ml1witten
Level 1
Level 1

Heck, I would be happy enough for them to work with the console port, but have not cracked that yet either.  Tracking this thread to see if some thing appears.  As a linux core, it should support these features I'd think.

Hi,

I can't use the console port with Putty in serial mode on my CISCO RV345.

I put the blue cable RJ45 on port console.

I put the serial port on adapter to USB port

I use COM3, with parameter 9600,8,1,None,none.

Putty display a blank screen.

What it's wrong ?

Thanks.

Hi,

The support says : the console port is deactivated on model RV345

No support SSH mode.

Best regards

Hи colleagues

Does any of you have any information about the console port of RV340 and the SSH support.

BR

A veteran says to draw down the configuration (XML) file to a word editor; to change a parameter to "enable," and then to save that XML file; then to overwrite the existing config file of the RV340 with the newly modified config file.     After that, the "console" should work, via SSH.

https://www.al3xclarke.co.uk/access-cisco-rv340-cli-via-ssh/

This helped initially, one only thing i noticed in my XML file was the SSH port was not the default 22. it was 830. I used putty to ssh on port 830 and it loaded just fine....HOWEVER...once you enter the creds you get a "Refused to Allocate pty" Error.

I, likewise, see port 830 open and running SSH-2.0-ConfD-6.5.2 but am unable to log in after providing my credentials.

Does anyone currently have this working?

lolux
Level 1
Level 1

The solution proposed here suggests that after making the config file change you need to connect via ssh on:

port 2024 using the same credentials as the web GUI

Try changing the baud rate to 115200. When I did that, I saw boot messages. 

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

1. In the downloaded configuration-xml file, if you look at this section about ssh-server with port 830 enabled/disabled. You will see the below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
<ciscosb-netconf xmlns="http://cisco.com/ns/ciscosb/netconf">
<enabled>true</enabled>
<netconf-zone>lan-vpn</netconf-zone>
<transport>
<ssh>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<ip>0.0.0.0</ip>
<port>830</port>
</ssh>
</transport>
</ciscosb-netconf>
-----------------------------------------------------------------

- This ssh-service/server for port 830 is to be used for applying/uploading to router via cli-based configuration using NETCONF protocol - and one of the methods supported by NETCONF is with using ssh

- So you have 2 methods to have a cli-based configuration of this router using netconf protocol as below

ssh -s cisco@192.168.1.1 -p 830 netconf < filename.xml

and/or

netconf-console --host 192.168.1.1 --port 830 -u cisco -p cisco --edit-config filename.xml

2. The blog-post you are referring to is from 2017, when there was NO netconf supported-yet on this router...but now the ssh-service on this router is to be used purely and only for NETCONF based  config uploads/editing and get-config/get-status

- so even if you change the port number from 830 to anything else...its still to used for netconf-protocol based operations only

3. In summary, there is NO SUPPORT FOR CLI-CONSOLE ACCESS USING SSH

hope this will help clarify to all users of this router about the actual use/support for SSH available on these routers (RV34X and RV160X/260X). 

to All,

@JohnBecich 

@One_Kilo

@MattLewandowsky 

@rickrossnc 

@nagrajk1969 

No CLI access is available for any of the RV16x/RV26x/RV34x series routers. The console port is locked and there is no plan for this feature to be activated in the future.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: