cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EOL/EOS RV345P / RV34x - Where to go now?

A D'Auria
Level 1
Level 1

Imagine my disappointment when reading the EOL/EOS documents and finding the entire RV series being EOL'd and no replacement from Cisco.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/eos-eol-notice-c51-2655972.html

The RV345P was just perfect for us. Now what? Do people have any suggestions? The Anyconnect, Site-2-Site VPN, Routing protocol, VLAN isolation, inter-vlan routing, vlans, PoE, 16 ports, DHCP relay, etc. We make use of all of these features.

And with regards to the VPN, the throughput of up to 600mbit via the VPN was just what we needed. So something that can do at least that.

Discussion and or suggestions are welcome.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Some of the model still have end of life for hardware until 2026, so we expect Cisco come with any alternative model sure i guess.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

That is clear in the EOL notice, yes, but that does not provide a solution for new locations where new equipment is needed.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/are-there-any-alternatives-for-the-rv34x-series-now-that-they/td-p/4522211

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you for the link. I had not considered Meraki. However, after reviewing the current offerings, I find that Meraki does not provide the same feature set in a single package.

Only 1 model family, MX68, has PoE capability yet only offers 200mbit VPN performance. 

Admittedly, the idea of a cloud managed solution is intriguing, I just wish the underlying hardware was as capable as the RV34x devices.

A D'Auria
Level 1
Level 1

At this point we're looking at a Fortinet product. De FG-60E-POE has the necessary VPN throughput, POE, etc. but lacks the port density. The port density issue is easier to solve than the VPN throughput. Cost is about 30-50% higher than the RV345P and I still don't know about licensing costs (if any). In any event it looks far more cost effective than the Meraki MX68.

Anyone else with suggestions?

Every product has pros and cons., so one should choose the right product based on the needs, and available support.

That you will need to spend some time in the market research and compare, This is more of technical Group who can assits with any technical issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help