Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward Range of Ports with RV180W

mistercrabby
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am new to the RV180W. I am running the most recent firmware--version 1.0.1.9.

I am having trouble getting FTP to work with my QNAP NAS.

QNAP indicates that I should forward ports 55536-56559 to my NAS. I created a custom service to accomplish this, and then, under port forwarding, I selected the service and forwarded it to the private IP that corresponds with the NAS.

However, the port forwarding configuration only allows me to specify *ONE* internal port. With other routers I have always specified the same private port *RANGE* that corresponds with the public ports that I have opened up.

Please advise.

11 Replies 11

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

What you need to do is to create a custom service with a given port range, and then forward that service to the NAS server.

Which internal port should I have it forward to?

If I am forwarding a range (e.g. 55536-56559 for passive FTP) from the outside shouldn't it forward to my NAS on these same ports?

The RV180W only allows me to input one single destination internal port.

When you forward a custom service with a port range, you shouldn't need to specify a destination port.

Unfortunately the router requires that I specify a single internal port even though the custom service has been defined as a range of ports.

Two screenshots are attached--one of the definition of the custom service and the other of the port forwarding requiring a single internal ip to be entered.

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Please try the following:

1)    Create the custom service which includes the port range to be forwarded.

2)    Browse to Firewall-> Access Rules and Add

• From Zone: Untrusted (WAN)
  • To Zone: Trusted (LAN)
  • Service: Select the custom service that you created
  • Action: Always Allow
  • Source Hosts: Any
  • Log: Your choice
  • Send to Local Server (DNAT IP): 192.168.1.150 (LAN IP of host to forward ports to)
  • Remember to Save

- Marty

I have tried creating a custom service as well but I am still unable to get port forwarding to work.

Dear Cisco:

Can you provide a copy of the beta firmware 1.0.2.2? From reading similar posts on this forum I believe that the problem is that there is a bug in the firmware that does not allow port forwarding to work when the router is connected to the internet via a PPPOE connection.

chdh
Level 1
Level 1

Have you been able to solve the problem?

I have the beta firmware 1.0.2.3 in which port forwarding works when the WAN is connected through PPPoE. But it's still not possible to forward a range of ports, because all the ports within a custom service definition are forwarded to the same destination port.

I have a service contract. Is the beta firmware available only thru Cisco tech support rep or is it accessible on cisco.com? Thanks for your time.

Hi Bill, beta firmware is only available through the Cisco escalation teams. In order to receive beta firmware you need to call the support center, have a ticket created and the ticket go through escalation process.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Tom... I neglected to thank you for your answer. Thank you.

Best,

Bill