Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change LAN IP range on rv345

Not applicable

I am trying to make the lan side of the router use a 10.x.x.x network instead of the 192.168.x.x that it uses by default.  I have the ATT gateway running to the wan port.  I want the rest of the network on the other side of router using the router for ip addresses on the 10.x.x.x network.

How would I make this change?

54 Replies 54

mridsing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Genekurtz,

Please follow the attached screenshots to change the IP address of the router (RV340/345) from default 192.168.1.1(192.168.1.0/24) to 10.0.0.1(10.0.0.0/24).

Every setting change needs to be done on LAN column of the router:-

a)vlan settings/vlan membership.

b)LAN/DHCP setting.

Steps:-

1. Create a new vlan 2 of Ip address 20.0.0.1/24 and untaggged vlan 2 on port 2

2. Create DHCP for vlan 2 as 20.0.0.100-20.0.0.149

3. Get the access of the router on port 2 via IP address 20.0.0.1(router's Ip address)

4. Once you have got the access on port 2, then change the IP address on vlan 1 to 10.0.0.1/24(10.x.x.x subnet)->apply

5.Then change the DHCP for vlan 1 to 10.0.0.100-10.0.0.149->Apply.

6.Get the access of the router via 10.0.0.1 on port 1 of router.

7.Then delete the DHCP of vlan 2(20.0.0.100-20.0.0.149) under LAN/DHCP settings

8.Then delete the vlan 2 for 20.0.0.1/24 under vlan membership/vlan settings.

9.Finally you are left with the IP address of 10.x.x.x subnet for vlan 1.

We tried to directly change the IP address of the vlan 1 under vlan memebership/vlan settings to 10.0.0.1 from 192.168.1.1 but were unable to get the access for vlan 1 as the DHCP also needs to be changed once you change the vlan 1 ip address.

All you need is make sure that the :-

un-tagging for vlan1 on port 1(192.168.1.0/24 -> 10.0.0.1/24)

un-tagging for vlan2 on port 2(20.0.0.1/24->Deleted after the VLAN 1 IP address change to 10.0.0.1/24) 

Regards,

Mridul Kumar Singh

Cisco STAC

Well,

Nice instructions but they do not match the current firmware 1.0.00.33.   My screen has a bunch of other items on it that I have no idea how to complete.

Could you please post directions for the current firmware?

TIA

Greg

I figured it out.  My problem was that I also had IPV6 active so I saw a bunch more items.  Your linked screenshots however are not the same as my RV345 screens.

FYI

Mridul,

i have have this same objectiveand I’ve followed your instructions and images, but have failed to achieve the results.  I have an RV345P with firmware 1.0.01.18.  I was unable to get this far with version 17.

I need 192.168.3.1 as it needs to connect to all my home theater equipment which has been set with static IPs using .3 as the third octet. 

I get get as far as trying to access the router using 20.0.0.1, and then changing port 1 to 192.168.3.1. However in the next step to change the DHCP values, the router never responds back. 

I’m also using 192.168.3.1 to 198.168.3.254.  So I set port 2 to 20.0.0.1 to 20.0.0.254 in the previous steps. 

An an observation is I can’t match your 7th screen shot. It still shows port 1 as connected, and not port 2. I think this is the crux of the matter. 

When do do we use “Apply” versus “Save”.  I’ve always used Apply, but I see a blinking “Save” icon, and the “Success” message implies saving is needed.

The tagging settings are as shown on slide 1 of your attachment, but this has me confused based on my limited understanding of tagging. 

I hope ole you can offer some further guidance. 

Thanks,

McD

I have firmware version 1.0.01.18 which is latest.  I have spent 3 hours trying change the LAN IP addressing.  I tried the Genekurtz suggestion but the screen shots are out of date and the overall methodology does not work.

There is now a check box Device Management in the VLAN management section of the GUI.  This check box is greyed out for the default VLAN 1.  After creating a second VLAN and checking the Device Management checkbox it is now possible to manage the device on this second VLAN and it is possible to now change the addressing of VLAN 1 from a computer with a network interface tagged with second VLAN ID.  However after deletion of this second VLAN now management is turned off on VLAN 1.

My guess is that if there were some way to save this configuration and then to restart the router then device management would now be returned back to VLAN 1.  But there is no way to save because VLAN 1  management is turned off after deleting the second VLAN.

I may be resigned to downgrading to lower version of firmware, changing addressing then upgrading.  However this seems quite ridiculous.

With the latest firmware update on my RV345P, I was able to change the IP address directly, without having to create the 2nd VLAN at all.

I had to wait for the router to reboot and come ready, then log using the new IP address, but it worked great.

I couldn’t get the method posted originally to work either. But the new FW seems to have resolved this issue, for me.

I started down this route by initially trying to change ip address directly under VLAN1 settings but was not successful.   

Which version of firmware worked for you?

Not sure why default VLAN1 isn't able to manage device after adding a second VLAN anyway.

In order to change the IP address of VLAN1 I had to downgrade the firmware to version 1.0.00.33 change the addressing.  Save this addressing and re-upgrade the firmware.

In doing this the configuration was set back to factory defaults.  I lost my configuration of two VPN tunnels and some other stuff.

I would like to hear from Cisco on this issue.

Wanted to replace quite a few client ASAs with the RV340 but I do not think it is going to cut it.

I was able to change the default IP address on my RV340 router by using the latest firmware.  I turned off DHCP and I changed my IP address to a different IP with a 30 bit mask since I use my SG300-28 as my layer 3 switch with DHCP.

I either deleted VLAN1 and set it up again or I changed it.  I can't remember.

Not sure what magic powers you have but it may be more helpful if you would give details rather than "can't remember" and not tell specific firmware version.

I just tried again and am locked out of management interface

I’m uncertain if it is my message your note is referring to, however the Router model I’m using is RV345P. The latest FW revision I have on my system, which allowed me to directly edit the 3rd Octet is 1.0.01.18. This is still the latest version available.

I only edited the 3rd octet. I did not modify any other octets.

I worked on 3 or 4 pieces of Cisco small business equipment all about the same time.  One of the switches I had to delete VLAN1.  I don't remember the RV340 router which I believe is the same as the RV345 and RV345P routers.  My RV340 router is in play now so I can't test on it.

It should be an easy test with your router RV340 or RV345.  After upgrading to the latest firmware try to delete VLAN1 and setup again.  If it does not work then try to edit it.  Ones of these works.

On my RV345P Router, after upgrading the FW to 18, I was able to edit the VLAN 1 settings. I saved this setting and reboot the router.

Then logged in under the new IP address.

I had spent countless hours previously with the 17 FW. That’s when I found this blog. I could never get the procedure to work on my router. So I was pleasantly surprised when the new FW showed up, and resolved this issue.

Great.  Glad word is getting out.