Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 site-to-site VPN speeds?

I have an RV042 connected to another RV042 via site-to-site VPN.  The tunnel has been solid for months, but when I did an actual read/write test between PCs at either endpoint, the speeds were quite slow.

Endpoint A has a line speed of 25/5.

Endpoint B has a line speed of 50/7-ish.

Read/write test from A to B was about ~3 write and ~7 read.

Does this sound normal for these routers?  I was hoping for better performace than that.

1 Reply 1

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi Matt, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community.May be several reasons for the low performance of your device´s tunnel, you could start checking if you have many services activated in your devices, you could turn all the services you are not using off, also keep in mind that if you have many tunnels enabled, your router is overloaded.

You can also check your tunnel configuration, while stronger the attributes (authentication, encryption, DH), lower speed, however while faster the tunnel  lower secure is going to be. You can modify the attributes of tunnel.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.