Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042G WAN Bandwidth has only 100Mps?

icemanhk73
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I just got the RV042G today.  I found the router can only accept 100000 Kbit/sec as bandwith, which is 100Mps only.  According to the specification, it should have 1000Mps WAN.  I have a internet link of 1000Mps, which is now limited by this router.  Any idea if there is something wrong?

Thanks.

Best

Wen-Li Huang

105 Replies 105

Eric Meyers, or to whom it may concern at Cisco, I herewith officially request to recieve the beta firmware or download link which is supposed to resolve the bandwidth limitation of the RV042G . You can send me the software or dowlaod link either through publishing here, through pm here at the board or at my mail adress gvhoofst42 at gmail dot com

Thank you for your prompt reply and support.

Regards Guus

Silence is deadly.

I wish they'd actually use sticky sessions with this router. Just got myself blocked by my isp as my ftp session kept jumping between wans and there firewall saw it as an attack.

Ideally once the session has started the router should send all the communications down the same wan.

The lack of support for the device and the refusal too actually acknowledge the breach of the consumer laws is shocking.

Stunning for a company so large.

So any chance that the firmware will be released this century??

Jonathan Groocock wrote:

The lack of support for the device and the refusal too actually acknowledge the breach of the consumer laws is shocking.

Stunning for a company so large.

So any chance that the firmware will be released this century??

Thats Cisco for you:) as to when, maybe in a few months is my guess.

Regards Simon
http://www.linksysinfo.org

Regards Simon

You can actually bind a protocol to a particular wan.  If you set up binding entries for ftp for each wan, the ftp session will stay on the lan that initiated the connection (from what I remember).

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

I actually had two rules one for ftp and one for all traffic. Both enabled. Traffic went down either wan until I deleted the ftp rule.  Ideally though once you've opened a session all traffic should stay on the same wan for that session. The new beta seems a bit flakey on the rule front. I thought I had removed the ftp rule when the same happened on my other pc which feed live data to my website via the other wan.

Still no firmware released. Tut Tut the product will be out of production before you release this. I thought draytek were bad but wow you beat them hands down.

Bummer.   That's not how it worked on the previous rv042 and others in the rv series.  Change isn't always for the better!

jaywalker99
Level 1
Level 1

hello

i got same problem too....

anyone can send me the beta firmware to me ( jaywalker99@gmail.com)

thx alot

Hi Tsang,  I have the same problem too,  if some one can help  us sending the Beta release of the firmware. (patricio@rscasa.com)

Thanks.

Hello Patricio,

Please contact Cisco Support and open a Service Request (you may need to provide entitlement information to create the case). One of our Engineers will be able to work with you and provide you the Beta firmware to test the fix.

Thanks,

Nagaraja

SBSC Contact Information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

You know, there's one thing I didn't think about until now--port settings.  Set the speed and duplex manually on the source and WAN of the rv.  Also set the LAN and the computer manually.  Then test speed and see what happens.  

shefweather
Level 1
Level 1

Still waiting.

Since a new model is being advertised it may indicate that there may never be a fix.

It's amazing how people out there will running at 100mps and haven't noticed. It maybe becuase they haven't created any filtering rules. If they haven't it will work at the advertised speed.

As for the ports it doesn't make any differance. Only the beta firmware works.

andrei_achim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello and Merry Christmas Everyone,

Can I please have the new beta firmware? I am facing the same problem and it's a bit frustrating. Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Andrei

Here is a 2014 and no working firmware. I have same problem with speed. is anyone that can share to community beta firmware? I tried to contact support, but is not available. Shame for that company, for this kind of problem and no public and official response.

i still hope in firmware update for "gigabit" router,

i'm not recommend to anyone to buy this crap router with actual firmware! Is not gigabit!

just share it!