cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130W VPN router IPSec server setup

brian-jamieson
Level 1
Level 1

We recently purchased 2 RV130W routers and I did not have any issues setting up a site-to-site VPN IPSec tunnel between 192.168.xxx.0 and 192.168.yyy.0   Now on one of the routers (192.168.xxx.1) I wish to setup the IPSec client server section so remote clients can VPN to the business.  When I try doing this on the router I am not successful in assigning a subnet to 192.168.xxx.0 in the Phase 2 section as it then says on the interface that "The rule is already in use".  I'm thinking that you cannot have IPSec site-to-site and IPSec client-to-site operating at the same time on these routers? I'm not really interested in using PPTP at this time.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mehdi Boukraa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

Please delete the Tunnel Configuration, start to configure first the VPN Server, and after that configure the Tunnel VPN and it should work.

Please let me know after your test

Greetings

Mehdi

View solution in original post

Hi Brian, 

Glad to hear that you can have VPN tunnel and VPN client server.

RV130/W is supporting 3rd part VPN client such ShrewVPN, I attach a PDF file how to configure RV130 and ShrewVPN (Free Software).

Please Follow the steps and let me know, 

here is the link to download ShrewVPN :  https://www.shrew.net/download/vpn

Please Rate the useful post or marked as answered to help other Cisco Customers

Thanks

Mehdi

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mehdi Boukraa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

Please delete the Tunnel Configuration, start to configure first the VPN Server, and after that configure the Tunnel VPN and it should work.

Please let me know after your test

Greetings

Mehdi

Thank you Mehdi ..that worked well. I can now run a site-to-site tunnel and also the IPsec client-to-site.

Another related issue is with the Cisco IPsec VPN client version 5.0.07.0440.  In the Client interface in the Authentication tab it asks for a Name: when using the Group Authentication radio button.  I don't know what name to put in here because setting up the IPsec server side on the router does not indicate a 'group name'. Nor can you set any groups into the Users area of the router.

See image below showing the Name field:

Brian,

The RV130 is not supported with the Cisco IPsec VPN client (aka EZ VPN).  

Thanks for your input Michael.  I think we'll be trying Shrewsoft or perhaps a paid solution such as Greenbow.

Brian

Hi Brian, 

Glad to hear that you can have VPN tunnel and VPN client server.

RV130/W is supporting 3rd part VPN client such ShrewVPN, I attach a PDF file how to configure RV130 and ShrewVPN (Free Software).

Please Follow the steps and let me know, 

here is the link to download ShrewVPN :  https://www.shrew.net/download/vpn

Please Rate the useful post or marked as answered to help other Cisco Customers

Thanks

Mehdi

Thank you for your information Mehdi.  The PDF and link to ShrewSoft is very helpful.

Brian