cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV160 VPN can not access network

bilvi
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV160 with OpenVPN configured.   I can log in but can not access local network.   I can ping the computer I want to access from the router but not from the client that is logged in.

I believe a vlan issue? Or dns? Thoughts?

I have the vlan setup with the local network IP address but this router is not the main router so does not handle DHCP so that is turned off.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Local network - you mean your DSL (Home lan)

or remotee side Lan over VPN ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I am testing with my phone with wifi turned off so just the carrier 5g network.   I connect via the openvpn android client and it gets a IP of 10.1.4.2 the ip address of the vlan on the rv160 is 192.168.1.132.  After I connect I can ping 192.168.1.132 from my phone but I can not access a local webserver on the network with the ip of 192.168.1.164.  I can ping 192.168.1.164 from the rv160 diag interface so I know the router can see that address, but I can not see it through the vpn from my phone.   On my network my primary dhcp server address is 192.168.1.74 so I have dhcp disabled on the vlan1 interface on the rv160.

check the logs on the RV see you will find any logs when you try to access web server ?

Hope webserver directly connected behind router and gateway as RV ip end with .132 ?

BB

I dont see anything in the logs. 

From the RV at 1.132 I can ping the webserver 1.164 and other router at 1.74

after I connect via openvpn on the phone I can ping 1.132 but not 1.164 or 1.74

I attached a map

what is the web server gateway?

BB