Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180w not responding

I have recently purchased a RV180w, while it is working for the majority every now and then it will stop responding to pings or allowing any traffic through the device for a single device. Other devices can carry on browsing the web and can ping the box fine during this outage. After a few minutes, or even connecting onto the second wireless network on the same box all will spring into life and work again... I've upgraded to the latest firmware and checked all the logs, which basically dont show anything, just not sure where to go next! It happens on different devices, Mac, iPAD, Android, PC so not sure its client related.

The only thing that has changed on the network is the router and the previous device worked flawless, abit a lot slower, hence the upgrade!

Any ideas / suggestions - its driving me nuts!

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Peter,

Thank you for reaching Cisco Small Business Support Community.

If after upgrading to the latest firmware, v1.0.2.6 the problem persists, I suggest you to try a couple things:

1. Browse to Firewall-> Attack Checks and uncheck everything. If that helps start checking things and see if one of the options causes the problem.

2. You should also do an MTU test:

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=386

You may need to adjust the MTU on the WAN port to something other than 1500 (Default)

Please give that a try since I've seen that fixing this sort of problems and let me know if anything comes up and/or if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

If you reboot when it gets sluggish, is everything okay when it comes back up?

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com