Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180W Site to Site VPN Setup Only Allows One Way Traffic

wayneselk
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning Everyone,

I have two RV180W routers setup in "Gateway" mode with a site to site VPN with IPSec policies configured identically at each end.  The tunnel is up.  The local network is 192.168.1.0/24 and the remote is 192.168.5.0/24.  I can ping from the remote network to the servers locally, however I cannot ping locally to the remote network...

I have checked the firewall settings and there is nothing preventing me from pinging that I can tell.  I have minimal access rules on the remote router and only RDP on the local router.  Both routers have the latest firmware.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

-Wayne

4 Replies 4

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wayne, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I understand that you want to reach the remote network, I think your issue could be related with the host firewall settings, I will share an article with some steps to configure the Windows firewall settings.

Cisco QuickVPN Installation Tips for Windows Operating Systems

You can go Firewall > Attack Prevention and try checking “Respond to Ping on WAN (Internet)”

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Luis,

I did as suggested and I can still not ping the network on the other side of the VPN tunnel.  I can tell you that I can ping the inside interface of the remote router though, just not any devices.

Regards,

-Wayne

Are you able to log in to the remote router?  Is it distributing any IP addresses?

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Hi Wayne,

If you are able to ping the inside interface of the router that means the tunnel is up and running. So most probably it is a routing problem in the unreachable LAN. Check the IP configuration on the LAN users - the gateway should be the inside IP of RV180

Regards,

Kremena