cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W Firewall Rules reordering

davidpw01
Level 1
Level 1

How do I reorder firewall rules? I have used the reorder button and then ordered the rules. I then SAVE and the report is Operation Succeeded. The screen stays on the Reorder screen.

If I go into some other screen and come back to Access Rules I find that the rule order is unchanged. So I select Reorder and the reorder screen comes back showing the new rules order. I now have 2 screens I can go to. The main "Access Rules" and the reorder "Access Rules". These 2 panels show the rules in different order.

If I reboot the router the reordered rules are lost.

There appears to be no way to reorder the rules.

Firmware version is 1.0.4.17

Any ideas?

David

1 Reply 1

davidpw01
Level 1
Level 1

After experimenting a bit further it seems as though there are 2 relevant firewall rule tables. The first one is the one that you see in Access Rules. It seems to show the all the rules in the order that you enter them. When you select "Reorder" you get another table with a list of priorities. This is the table that shows the rules in the order that they will be executed. This order is NOT the same as the first table and the first table order WILL NOT CHANGE as the rules are reordered.

Now that I know this, it is OK - the doc could have been a bit clearer as this is not consistent with other small routers (at least in my experience!). I also found that when I had been altering a few rules I needed to reboot the router before the rules would work properly.

Other than that - no problems so far (cross fingers!)

David