cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W, problem with Gateway-to-Gateway and tunneling

Hakiru-84
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a connection gateway-to-gateway between RV220W and RVL200, is doing without any problems.

For example, I can ping the gateway on the other side. But when I connect trough RV220W QuickVPN (or PPTP) I can not reach the gateway (RVL200) or any host behind it.

[192.168.0.1] RV220W <----- G2G -----> RVL200 [192.168.8.1]

|

|

[192.168.0.10]

[192.168.0.1] RV220W <----- G2G --x--> RVL200 [192.168.8.1] <no connection>

|

|

tunnel (QuickVPN or PPTP)

[192.168.3.10]

5 Replies 5

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Thomas, if you're trying to access resources behind the RVL200 while connecting wih QVPN to the RV220W, this won't work. You will have local access to the RV220W but not the RVL200. The routers don't support the multisite routing in this manner.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks for your reply. So there is a possibility to have access to those hosts through a different connection than the QuickVPN?

I suspect not. There isn't any kind of route that can define the remote user to be able to use resources across the tunnel. Additionally, neither router supports routes through the site to site tunnel.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

When a PPTP client connects to RV220, it will get an IP address from RV220W. If RV220W has another site-to-site tunnel to RVL200, this tunnel may do the trick.

Te-Kai Liu - How would you propose creating this site-to-site tunnel for the PPTP client?  Can you share specific setup for this router with this scenario in mind?  Thanks for your help on this...I'm having this issue as well. 

Thomas - Did you ever find a solution to your issue with the VPN Clients connecting through the tunnel?