cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W upgraded to firmware 1.0.1.0 and now PPPoE doesn't connect

jwrooks
Level 1
Level 1

When my RV220W used firmware 1.0.0.26 the PPPoE login to AT&T/Bellsouth DSL worked just fine. I upgraded to version 1.0.1.0 and now it won't connect. The PPPoE connection still works from my prior Linksys router so there wasn't a change on the ISP side. Has something changed in firmware 1.0.1.0 that requires a change to the PPPoE profile? Any suggestions on how to determine where the problem is?

DSL Modem is a Motorola Netopia (model 2210-02) with firmware 7.7.3r10 operating in Bridged mode.

26 Replies 26

shawnmbrown
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue but it is with Windstream. PPOE never connects... perhaps I can find the old firmware somewhere... I have confirmed with Windstream that they are not seeing any connection attempts from the router whatsoever. Definitely an issue on the router side.

CSLabelle
Level 1
Level 1

Exact same scenario here. Waited weeks for this thing to finally be available. Now it can't even do the simplest and most basic of things like connect to the friggin internet, PPPoE with Bell Canada. I should not have upgraded the firmware, mistake #2 ! (Mistake #1 was obviously actually buying this POS).

Where would one get the old firmware? (1.0.0.26)

(P.S. I despise to have effectively paid to become a beta tester, I really should know better)

mazaheerbana
Level 1
Level 1

i'm in the same boat, although mine is a new connection.

today switched my bell modem to bridge mode to take advantage of dyndns.  when i put in my pppoe username/password into the router it just says connecting..

one thing i did notice.  after i create a pppoe profile with the correct username/password.  i go to the wan connection page and apply the pppoe profile i notice the username as "test2"  although its not.. is that normal?

There are some known bugs in the 1.0.1.0 firmware that was released.  A firmware is being worked on to resolve this issue, but there is no ETA.   For any users who currently use PPPOE on the RV220W and are still at the old firmware of 1.0.0.26,  I would not upgrade to the 1.0.1.0 until the bugs have been fixed with the PPPOE issue. 

[Edited]The previous firmware version 1.0.0.26 is currently available for download at the following page.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283118607&softwareid=282487380&release=1.0.0.26&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest&i=rm

THANKS

Rick Roe

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Hi,

When it is expected to have a new firmware?

Thanks.

mazaheerbana
Level 1
Level 1

IMO pretty serious bug no?  shouldn't this release firmware be pulled?

shawnmbrown
Level 1
Level 1

This is all great, but until then I have a $300 router sitting here looking all pretty and such. Why not allow us to download the original firmware

(rollback) until the problem is resolved.

CSLabelle
Level 1
Level 1

No ETA?

This is NOT your typical, mere pesky bug; the product is rendered completely unusable!

In other words folks, it appears you should return it to your retailer ASAP and buy something other than this small business paper weight since "no ETA" means many weeks, over a month at the very least!

I would return this, but like most people, bought this online. So now I have a 10% restocking fee, return shipping, etc, etc.

mazaheerbana
Level 1
Level 1

i agree with above posters.  this needs to be fixed NOW.

Rick - It would be helpful if you could at least let us know a timeframe for the new firmware release. I realize you may not have a day, but surely there is some kind of project management that has more info. I would like to get my network working correctly again and this may mean getting a different product.

Also, when I look at the logs for my router I see other errors (in addition to the PPPoE failure) that seem to be a concern:

Fri Dec 31 19:01:10 1999(EST) [rv220w][System][PLATFORM] options.pptpd file found

Does this mean that PPTP doesn't work either?

Fri Dec 31 19:01:11 1999(EST) [rv220w][System][PLATFORM] [BONJOUR_ERROR]: Signal Sent to bonjourClient Failed

Fri Dec 31 19:01:24 1999(EST) [rv220w][System][PLATFORM] [BONJOUR_ERROR]: DNSService Api call failed -65537 return -1
Fri Dec 31 19:01:24 1999(EST) [rv220w][System][PLATFORM] [BONJOUR_DEBUG]: Failed to Unlink File '/var/run/bonjour/bonjourClient.pid'
Fri Dec 31 19:01:24 1999(EST) [rv220w][System][PLATFORM] [BONJOUR_DEBUG]: Failed(ignored) to Remove Pid file of client

I have Bonjour disabled so I could understand seeing this once, but it repeats.

Fri Dec 31 19:01:23 1999(EST) [rv220w][System][NIMF] Setting LED [0]:[1] For WAN1
Fri Dec 31 19:01:23 1999(EST) [rv220w][System][NIMF] nimfNetIfaceTblHandler: unable to get LedPinId

Mon Apr  4 11:15:12 2011(EDT) [rv220w][System][EVTDSPTCH] umiIoctl (18, UMI_CMD_DB_UPDATE(4)) failed. table=dot11STA row=1
Mon Apr  4 11:15:12 2011(EDT) [rv220w][System][PLATFORM] /pfrm2.0/bin/bwLimitConfig /tmp/system.db 18 dot11STA 1 failed. status=-1

Mon Apr  4 11:15:15 2011(EDT) [rv220w][Kernel][KERNEL] ERROR:endChantRecv: protocol PNAC returned !OK
Mon Apr  4 11:15:15 2011(EDT) [rv220w][Kernel][KERNEL] ERROR:endChantRecv: protocol PNAC returned !OK

Mon Apr  4 11:15:23 2011(EDT) [rv220w][System][PLATFORM] dbRecordValueGet failed for LogicalIfName column

I don't know if these are problems or not, but I'm wondering about the stability of this router... I can understand this is a new product, but at least some of these issues didn't exist in the 1.0.0.26 firmware.

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hello all,

The previous firmware version 1.0.0.26 is currently available for download at the following page.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283118607&softwareid=282487380&release=1.0.0.26&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest&i=rm

mpyhala - Thanks for providing this.

Can you tell me if installing this firmware will reset all settings back to factory? I'm asking because it's a downgrade from 1.0.1.0 to 1.0.0.26 and I need to know how much downtime will be required to complete the installation.

Hi Jim,

Normally all settings are retained when you upgrade or downgrade firmware. I cannot say for sure because I have not actually done a firmware downgrade on the RV220W. I have discussed this with some engineers and everyone agrees that you should not have any issues. I recommend that you back up your configuration file before you start. Please let us know if you see any problems. Thanks!