cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 firmware 1.3.1.10 - NO RELEASE NOTES???

aforster.home
Level 1
Level 1

I just noticed Cisco released version 1.3.1.10 for rv320 and rv325, but the release notes and open source documentation ARE NOT in the Release Notes page at http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/products-release-notes-list.html

Could someone please take a look?  How come we would upgrade the device without any documentation about this new release?

Thank you.

63 Replies 63

Hi Glenn

Please add this link to issues already mentioned.

Cheers,

Daniel

Please find below what's being addressed in the upcoming release. Also, be advised, if you've encountered a defect, you can Cisco Technical Services to report it:

• DHCP Range overlap error seen incorrectly (CSCut07184)
  • Change the maximum number of IP&MAC binding entries to 80
  • Bitmask of Circuit ID hex type doesn’t work (CSCus78529)
  • Memory leak for mdnsd process (CSCuw02356)
  • IP & MAC Binding breaks DHCP server functionality (CSCuv64052)
  • Remote management access stops working intermittently (CSCuu42921)
  • SIP ALG not modifying all fields (CSCuv05601)
  • IPv6 continuous pings can cause reboot (CSCuu90949)
  • Only support lowercase letters in CLI command (CSCus60459)
  • Error creating Port Forwarding for VLAN that is subnetted (CSCur83582)
  • DHCP Offer does not respond Option 55 with item (0) padding (CSCuu62007)
  • Bandwidth Management Rules limit sum of Max Rates to ISP Max BW (CSCut04618)
  • RV320: WAN port goes inactive intermittently (CSCuu10991)
  • Router blocks inbound SIP Invite intermittently (CSCuu00900)
  • RV320: Incorrect error for USB modem when NSD is disabled on WAN (CSCut08978)
  • IP & MAC Binding breaks DHCP server functionality (CSCuv64052)
  • RV320: Huawei E3272lte 4G modem (CSCur08152)RV325: DWM-157 3G/4G modem is not available. ISP: Telenor, Norway
  • RV320: Recognizes DWM-157, but SIM card is not recognized. ISP: Three UK
  • RV320: Recognizes D-Link DMWM-157, no internet. Telenor, Hungary
  • RV325: /28 Private IP Address should be under wrong subnet.

I have two RV325 and have also encountered numerous problems. To be added to Glenn Martin's list:

• DWM-157 not recognized on RV325, operator Telia
  • Web traffic with Comet P8511 not working when accessed over site-to-site VPN with another RV325. LAN, Apple IOS VPN and VPN using a NCP client on Win 7/10 are all OK.
  • Site to site VPN with a Cisco ASA 5505 experiences connection dropouts. Major problem when editing a file on a remote server.
  • Port statistics number corrupted. For some of the ports a very large number like 18446744072639630830 is shown.

I hope that Cisco finally can get their act together, the quality of the RV325 is really not up to Cisco standards. I have been using a number of different firewalls. Best device so far is certainly Cisco ASA 5505, and the absolutely worst is - yes you guessed it, the RV325. I would for sure spend the money to replace the RV325's with real firewalls like ASA 5505, but they lack DynDNS support and cannot be used.

I wonder if Cisco management are aware of what a low quality product they sell under the Cisco brand.

Usually support to dyndns can be implemented using scripts in ddvices that do not support that natively. Would the 5505 run tcl scripts as an IOS router does? Just thinking...

Regarding the low quality device, the problem is not the device, but the lack of response from the team who supports it.

Hi Bengt.

Let me clarify - The list I provided above is what's being fixed in the soon to be released version. I gave this list as there are a number of concerns around the issues being encountered, so I felt it necessary to at least give a heads up to all customers on what's upcoming. This way you can compare and see if your issues (being experienced) are addressed. And, if not to please file a bug with the Technical Assistance Center.

For your issues, I believe it would be better that you contact the Technical Assistance Center for more "Deep Dive" troubleshooting. 

Thanks

Glenn

I am looking for a replacement for my RV325 because i had to disable the firewall inorder to get it to stop freezing up and having to reboot the router every few days.

Do you know anything about these two routers ?, both have DynDNS, VPN and i have provided links with full specs:

SG-3100 pfSense Security Gateway Appliance

$349

https://store.netgate.com/SG-3100.aspx

SG-2440 pfSense Security Gateway Appliance

$549

https://store.netgate.com/SG-2440.aspx

I can tell you I quit running pfsense and started using my RV320 router again since the web page repaints are much faster than my pfsense running on my old Xeon processor.  I run a SG300-28 layer 3 switch so my router does not have to work hard.  

Sounds like you were running pfSense on your own computer but the links i posted were for router boxes running the pfSense OS, so not sure that would be a good comparison .... possibly different hardware spec's, config/driver issues, other software conflicts, etc.

I am getting by with the RV325 only performing NAT/DHCP and the firewall disabled (everything else disablabled as well, vpn, etc), but need to enable the firewall without the RV325 freezing every few days and requiring a reboot. The only connections to the router are two Cisco Aironet 3602 access point providing free wifi to customers. Each access point typically has 20-40 client connections and the RV325 is connected to a Comcast internet connection (250Mbps).

If the, SG-3100 pfSense® Security Gateway Appliance-Netgate

can do that ($349), i will gladly pay the extra $85 over the RV325 ($265).

I would like to get feedback on the pfSense Appliances before purchasing. Here's link to all appliances:

https://store.netgate.com/pfSense/systems.aspx

Yes it is different hardware. I would think my Xeon processor would be much faster than hardware you are looking at especially if you are only paying $349 for it.  My Rv320 is quicker painting web pages.

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

the reviews on the netgate pfSense appliances claim excellent performance, if possible, i am trying to get feedback from someone who has actually used one of these appliances.

i don't think running a pfSense on a win box with xeon processor is a good comparison - too many possible hardware / software factors could cause the poor performance.

not sure what you mean by "painting web pages". seems like running so basic download/upload speed tests would be the easiest way to compare.

Hi Gleen,

Please add this issue to the list:

RV320 Doesn't recognize AT&T dongle: AT&T AirCard 340U, US (CSCuy67337) https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuy67337

Hello Community,

Excited to announce Firmware Version 1.3.1.12 is now available on Cisco Software download Center. For Firmware and Release noted please click here.

Release notes are not listed on the page, but the file is there already:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv320/release_notes/rv32x_relnote_v1_3_1_12.pdf

Thanks for the help aforster.home. having trouble with the navigator so, once that's fixed, it will be linked from the download page. In the meantime, here it is also.

Thanks

Glenn